Just finished this salad and don’t want to forget this one, so I have to write it down straight away. Woah how delicious a kale salad can be! 😍 I know that a raw kale salad sounds terrible, but this one is perfect.
Such a great and nutritional lunch!
- Four big handsfull of kale
- 1 ripe avocado (or half)
- A handful of pumpkin or sunflower seeds (a mix of both is also an option)
- Fresh pieces of mango (optional)
- Handful of walnuts (optional)
I’ve had the last two things in the kitchen but was too hungry so ate it without it, but I’m sure that it will taste even better when you at it to your salad 🙂
For the dressing:
- I tablespoon of olive oil (I used one with garlic flavor in it, very nice!)
- 2 big teaspoons of sundried tomato pesto (the one in the pictures is without sugar or preservative so completely healthy! 🙂
- 2 big teaspoons of the grilled Aubergine pesto
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- The juice of 1 lime (I used a lemon cause I didn’t had a line at home) . The lemon makes it a bit bitter so if you don’t like that, definitely use the lime 🙂
Start by washing the kale, then tear small pieces off the stems, discarding the stems and placing the leaves into a bowl.
Drizzle all the dressing ingredients onto the kale. Then use your hands to firmly start massaging it all into the leaves, as you do this you’ll feel the leaves soften and wilt. Keep massaging them for a few minutes to make sure they’ll really soft, at this point stir in the (mango, walnuts) and avocado cubes.