I had a day off, and what I love to do on free days is preparing some healthy snacks.
This time I made protein cookies and they turned out amazing.
They have the crispy bite that a cookie should have, what’s for me, the most important thing. I dislike home made cookies who end up soft.
The cookies are perfect for a post or pre-workout snack or as breakfast.
50 g oatmeal
30 g chickpea flour (or other flour as required)
1 tsp baking powder (cream of tartar)
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tbsp vegetable protein powder
55 g mulberries
2 tbsp sesame seeds
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- cut the pecans in half and cook a minute or two in a skillet. Grind the nuts after a minute in the blender or food processor. Add cornmeal and flour and mix everything till everything has a fine texture. Don’t mix too long, otherwise there will come oil free from the nuts.
- Spoon the mixture into a large bowl and add the (tartaric) baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla powder there. If necessary, add some protein powder. Beat the eggs and pour in the mixture.
- Stir together until a sticky batter. Spoon into the blender, add mulberries and sesame seeds and mix everything till it’s smooth.
- Grasp each 2 tablespoons batter, roll it into a ball and press with your hands flat on the baking paper. Keep 3 cm distance from each other. Bake the cookies in the oven for about 20 min. Until golden brown.
You can also use the marrow of 1 vanilla pod instead of vanilla powder.