Ingredients for a large jar of muesli:
Approximately 350 grams of oat flakes (or 4 teacups)
2 cups mixed, raw, unsalted nuts
1/3 cup sesame seeds
2/3 cup sunflower seeds (you can also add some pumpkin seeds)
1 cup shredded coconut
2 cups dried cranberries (or other dried fruit, like raisins or apricots, dates, whatever you like!)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 tbsp of coconut oil
6 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Chop the nuts coarsely and mix the dry ingredients except the cranberries, together.
2. If the coconut oil is not liquid already, put it in the microwave and heat it for 25 seconds. Mix the liquid coconut oil with the maple syrup and pour over the mueslimix.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silver foil and grease with a little oil. Pour the mixture into it and put in the oven.
4. Set the timer for 35 minutes. Stir the granola every 5 minutes with a big spoon. When the granola is crispy and golden brown remove it from the oven and let it cool.
5. To finish, you can add the cranberries or other dried fruit in the muesli mix. 🙂